Losing weight can seem intimidating, but it’s healthiest and most sustainable when you approach it mindfully and holistically. That’s why it’s so crucial to check in with your body in several ways before starting any new weight loss efforts. Here’s a few steps to take before beginning any new lifestyle changes:
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water
For your body to fully understand when it’s hungry or full, hydration is key. You’ll also need to be well-hydrated to stay alert of other signals our bodies send that could be confused with hunger, such as irritability, bloating, or headaches.
- Work on getting enough sleep A lack of sleep (or even, too much sleep) can disrupt our bodies’ natural signals, and our abilities to properly metabolize our food. Make sure you’re practicing the best sleep hygiene possible.
- Switch up your grocery habits When it comes to the foods you buy and stock your home with, try and opt for organic as often as possible. This will help your body avoid toxins, which can block your body’s abilities to process nutrients and metabolize your food.
- Plan for foods that support detox
When beginning any weight loss effort, you’ll want to shift your body towards detoxification. Some great foods to incorporate for detox include organic green tea, fresh cilantro and parsley, cruciferous vegetables and alliums. You might also consider introducing a methylated B complex supplement.
- Prioritize your mental health
Taking on new lifestyle changes can be daunting, which is why it’s more important than ever to check in with your mental well-being before you start. Make sure you’re approaching all your new efforts from a place of self-love and care, and that you keep that love front and center as you start making healthier choices.